Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SAFE AND SOUND





So what have I been up to lately you ask? Not much, I just watch these guys everyday. A small family of kittens that has built a home in the rubbish outside our house. They're so cute! I just want to cuddle each one and start owning them. But I know I can't do that cause my Mom would just ask me to throw them out again immediately after I decide to bring them in. So most of the time, I just watch them from the window while they play and feed from their mother. Sometimes a selfish thought comes to my mind: What if I just shoot their mom dead so that I can take them as mine? But of course that's just a thought. I can't kill her and assume her role as a mother to 4 orphan kittens. Besides I'm thinking the orange cat who's their mom might be my long lost kitten Hayley whom my Mom asked to throw out a few days after I picked her up in a bush near our old house. I'm thinking maybe it's her and she somehow found her way back to me and decided that her kittens will be safe here. I couldn't let her down of course. No, not this time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear! I`m sorry too for not commenting that much. But i read every time you post as i get a bloglovin update. I just don`t have that much time lately to comment :(

    But you know, when i read this post i felt very proud of you. I am bit worried though. As you will know from my blog i am a volunteer at a local animal shelter. And if you remember the kitten that i found, well he was from an abandoned house in the are where i live. It turns out that there are many more cats living in that house and people feed them. Well if you look at a few posts back you`ll see that i organized a fundraiser to raise money to neuter all the cats. it is a very important thing to do if you have feral cats in your area. You see, by this time next year you`ll probably have more than 20 or even 30 cats in your garden. The kittens will have kittens of their own and they will bring their mates to the feeding area as well. it is much easier to neuter 5 cats than 30. And cheaper. What i did was contact a local community center and asked them for a room in which to hold the fundraiser. if you don`t have something like that in your area where you live, you could throw a barbeque party in your back yard. Then distribute flyers and posters about the event to all local houses and shops. Or ask your local animal shelter to help you. They will often even get a discount at the vets for neutering homeless 5 cats. All you have to do is ask around. At the event i roganized we sold baked goods. me and my mum and family and friends each baked something and then sold also from door to door for any amount of donation (this way people will be more inclined to give something) - someone may give 50 cents, but soemone 5 euro. And every little helpos and adds up. The kittens can have babies of their own already at the age of 4 months!!! So you`ll have a lot more cats very soon if you don`t do anything.

    If you need any help please email me - i organized the vent all on my own, just going around and asking people and shops and local citizens for help. I don`t have much money myself or experience in organizing social events. i just wanted to help the cats living on my street. Many kittend die because they literally starve. So even if these survive, their babies might not because the mom will have nothing to eat. And as i said it is easier to neuter 5 cats and feed them, than 30.

    Also did you recieve my letter in the post? I emailed you already a couple of times.

    All the best, Katrina

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, they just magically disappeared one day and when they came back there are only two kittens left. I wonder where the other 2 went. I'm really considering keeping and neutering the kittens but they're just so aloof. 5 meters is already the closest distance I could get from them without scaring them away.

    ReplyDelete

Free your mind. Say what you want. Leave a comment :)