Thursday, March 15, 2012

21st CENTURY ALLEGORY OF LOVE




It's just one of those nights when sleep just won't seem to like to pay her a visit. She's been tossing and turning in her bed for more than an hour trying to find the perfect position that would help her get into slumber. How long have I been in bed? She asked in her mind and then grabbed her cell to check on the time. It was almost 2am. Shit. She placed it back under her pillow. Oh, why in the world can I not sleep?

Maybe he's thinking of you. A tiny voice in her head whispered.

She couldn't help but smile at the thought of him. Tossing and turning in his own bed not getting any sleep because he's thinking about her too.

Why is he not texting me lately then? That seems odd.

She suddenly heard her cell beep at the sound of a text message. What a coincidence! I just thought of him and then he already sent me a text. She immediately grabbed it and pressed the 'read' button with excitement.

"Hey, are you still awake?" to her dismay, it was not Adam. It was her best friend, Jenny.
"Yeah, why? Wassup?" she replied.
"Not much. I just want to tell you something."
"Alright. Give me a moment and I'll get up and go online so you won't have to text me and get charged. :)"
"Okie dokie :)"


"Ok. I'm good. What is it you're gonna tell me?"

"Adam is courting me."

Her jaw immediately dropped to the floor. She felt like she's just been hit with a bucket full of ice. Wait, what?! Maybe this is just some kind of a joke. If it is, then it's not a very nice one, she thought.

"Really? How?" 

She couldn't help but pray- please please please let it be a joke.

"Uhmm...because he would always walk me home. And earlier I asked him if he was trying to court me and he said yes."

Dafuq?! She froze. She couldn't feel anything. She felt as if an invisible knife has just been forced into her chest. She felt exactly like Frodo when he was stabbed with a Morgul-blade. The pain is killing her even though there's no real thing that causes it.

She reminded herself, This is what I wanted right? But why? How?
She couldn't answer any of these for her mind is in spiral. She didn't know what to think. She didn't know what to feel.

"You're the first and only one I told about this. I felt like you ought to know first."

She felt like she was in a bad dream. This is just a dream. This is just a dream. Wake up now. Please wake me up now. Somebody please. She screamed but there's no one to answer her plea. And with that she  knew that everything was true.

3 comments:

  1. good little piece. I liked the use of the word courting, not enough people use words like that anymore. I also liked the reference to Frodo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The disclaimer put this text in a very different perspective...


    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was good but sad :)

    ReplyDelete

Free your mind. Say what you want. Leave a comment :)