Tuesday, November 15, 2011
WHERE'S THE POT OF GOLD?
I want to write about so many things but my functional brain is just not in cooperative mode these past few days, I guess. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood. I'm feeling a little emo tonight because I didn't win some tickets for the premiere screening of Breaking Dawn. Sigh. :((
There were only 15 entries yet I wasn't even able to get a consolation prize? Water the flowers?! What happened to me? I used to be so good in anything that has to do with luck when I was younger (I used to get a lot of chicks and ducklings in a raffle cart outside our school) Hmmn...maybe my powers had diminished as I grew older. Oh well, better luck next time.
Oops, I almost forgot about the picture and song above. I took this (with an ipod. Sorry but that's just the only device with a cam I had left. All my gadgets were already dead that time because I forgot to bring chargers with me. Epic Fail!) when we were on our way back to Manila from our Batangas trip last month. There was a light drizzle and I was just staring blankly outside the window when something on the distant horizon caught my eye; a rainbow! I started yelling (as if I haven't seen one before): "Look! Look! A RAINBOW!!!" I know I might sound childish but who cares, care bear??? Hah! I just love rainbows! For me they symbolize a promise of hope that there's always a beautiful day waiting for you no matter how dark and gloomy your life may be right now. As the song said: "There's a rainbow always after the rain" I think the picture just proved this true. :)
Let's see if tomorrow there'll be a rainbow that would help me put my thoughts into words. For now, I'll try to get some sleep with my 3 loyal bedfellows: my almost 2-year-old phone, netbook and ipod. How about you? What (or who) are you sleeping with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hopefully your creative spark to write will come back soon) i love rainbows too (and have been known to squeel when i see one).
ReplyDelete>'.'<
beautiful picture, I love rainbows too- how can you not scream and shout whenever you see one?! It's too bad about the movie premiere; if it makes you feel any better I've never won anything in my life :(
ReplyDeleteI go to sleep alone most of the time...but sometimes I fall asleep with my boyfriend next to me in his room, completely silent except for the sounds of breathing and a whirring fan. So relaxing...
WEMAKEPLANS